As of the previous close, Argo Blockchain plc [OTCQX: ARBKF] stock was down -6.91% to $2.0200. A volume of 1.25M was recorded against a 30-day average of 1.24M for Argo stock. ARBKF stock price has fluctuated between $0.1670 and $4.6500 over the past 52 weeks. Following a gain of more than 10% in prior session after making a green initiative, ARBKF stock has been affected by profit-taking on the day.
The partnership was for what?
Argo Blockchain has one of the world’s largest and most efficient operations that run on clean energy, making it a global leader in cryptocurrency mining. This past weekend ARBKF and DMG Blockchain Solutions Inc. (OTCQB: DMGGF) announced a partnership with the Crypto Climate Accord (CCA).
- This partnership was established in order to promote decarbonization of the cryptocurrency industry.
- A new working group has been established by ARBKF and DMG in conjunction with the CCA to outline the accord’s objectives as well as implement technologies that improve transparency in crypto mining with regard to solar and wind energy sources.
- As far as ARBKF and DMG are concerned, the CCA’s objectives will contribute significantly to reducing overall emissions across the crypto industry.
- Their goals and objectives reflected a commitment to environmental stewardship, demonstrating how they were aligned with the CCA.
- It is estimated that Bitcoin miners use around 0.5% of the world’s electrical power.
- It is crucial to reduce the carbon footprint of that growing energy consumption in this industry.
- A private sector initiative, the Crypto Climate Accord, committed to powering the cryptocurrency industry with 100% renewable energy in April.
A crypto climate accord helps instill real, tangible actions to address the environment’s impact of Bitcoin mining, according to Peter Wall, CEO of Argo Blockchain (ARBKF). The CEO of ARBKF reiterated ARGO’s readiness and determination to support the green initiatives of CCA Supporters and Signatories.