Williams-Sonoma, Inc (WSM) announced its financial results for the fourth fiscal quarter and fiscal year 2020, ended January 31, 2021, on Wednesday, March 17, 2021, which improved its stock position in the after-market session. WSM gained 12.34% in the extended trading after going down 1.52% early on Wednesday.
Let’s see what their financial achievements are
- Williams-Sonoma generated $2.293 billion of revenue for the fourth quarter compared to $1.844 Billion in the same quarter last year.
- THE WSM spent $ 563,137 selling, general and administrative expenses in Q4.
- WSM’s operating income was$402,087in Q4.
- WSM’s net earnings were $308,995.
- Earning per share was $4.04 for basic and $3.92 for diluted in Q4.
Fiscal year highlights
- Net revenue for full-year 2020 was $6.78 billion
- WSM had a gross profit of $2.636 billion.
- It spent $1.725 billion in SG&A expenses in full year.
- It had a Net income of $680,714.
- Earnings per share were $8.81 for basic and $8.61 for diluted for the year 2020.
- The WSM had cash and cash equivalents of $2.4 billion at the end of the year.
Launch of a new tabletop collection
On March 16, 2021, WSM launched a new tabletop collection, Gwendolyn, in partnership with Trisha Yearwood.
The new brand will offer dinnerware and serving pieces that are influenced by hand drawings of wedding cakes by Trisha’s mother. The new Gwendolyn tabletop collection is designed and fabricated in collaboration with Trisha bringing uniqueness to each piece. The new collection will enhance the WSM high-quality product line for the kitchen and home.
About the WSM
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an American publicly traded consumer retail company that sells kitchen-wares and home furnishings. It is headquartered in San Francisco, California, United States. Chuck Williams was the founder of WSM and it started its business in 1956. Now it is a multi-channel specialty retailer of high-quality products for the home and is one of the United States’ largest e-commerce retailers with some of the best known and most beloved brands in home furnishings. WSM Stock currently operates retail stores in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Australia, and the United Kingdom.